Discover beautiful nature and landscapes from Scotland.
One of the most rewarding gifts that a person can enjoy is to look at the beauty of nature. Our earth offers us extraordinaire views in order to remind us that beauty is a universal treasure that is worth to preserve.
Scotland has been voted the most beautiful country in the world by the readers of Rough Guides in 2017. It beat off countries like Norway, Canada or Iceland! Wondering why?
- It has magnificent wild and quiet beaches, that could also be in the Caribbean.
- In the many remote places in the north of Scotland, you can see the Northern Lights
- dramatic mountains all over the country
- rugged landscapes with wild cliffs or windswept moors give Scotland a dramatic touch
- little picturesque villages and traditional stone cottages
- 31 000 tranquil lochs (lakes) often close to mountains
Actually seeing nature and landscape pictures often say more than a thousand words. With the following pictures, I would like to give you an insight into the Beauty of Scotland that I encountered during my trip. I myself have only seen the landscape around the West Highland Way so far. This is a 150 km long long-distance hiking trail, which I hiked with Anika and Kira. The landscape around the West Highland Way alone is breathtaking.
It is up to all of us to protect this fragile beauty of our earth.
Do you want to see more galleries with beautiful nature and landscape pictures from all around the world? Here you can find an overview of all uploaded galleries so far. They are many more to come! Stay tuned!